Skip to main content Skip to secondary navigation
Contact With Law Enforcement

General Guidance If You Are Contacted by Law Enforcement Regarding Your International Activity or Immigration Status

Law Enforcement Contact Guidance

Apply for a visa (if required)

Main content start

For U.S. citizens, refer to the “Entry/Exit Requirements” section on the U.S. State Department’s Country Information page to determine whether you need a visa. Citizens of other countries can contact the destination country's embassy. Citizenship and purpose of travel will determine the type of visa needed. If you prefer, you can engage the services of a visa agency that specializes in obtaining visas. Agencies recommended by the University travel agent that specialize in obtaining visas for foreign travel include:

VisaCentral by CIBT

VisaCentral by CIBT offers online Stanford rates; or contact the local office:

VisaCentral San Francisco
555 Montgomery Street, Suite 700
San Francisco, CA 94111
Phone: 1-877-535-0688
Walk-in hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

At least 6 months before your trip (or before you consider an opportunity)

List of Contact Information of Foreign Embassies in the U.S.

U.S. State Department Country Information Pages

Stanford Fingate Resources: Passport and Visa Services