You can book your international airfare, lodging and/or car reservations through Stanford Travel.
Stanford Travel is the preferred travel management service for Stanford's travelers and arrangers.
The goal of Stanford Travel is to enhance the user experience, while also managing risk and saving money. Working with Orbitz for Business, Stanford Travel offers an array of travel services that meet the university's specialized needs.
Among the features of Stanford Travel:
• Special negotiated rates with airlines, lodging and ground transportation providers
• Designated agents, available 24/7, who are trained specifically to assist Stanford travelers
• Specialized international agents, including an international rate desk
• Faculty and staff log-in to Stanford Travel with their SUNet ID
• Faculty may assign an administrator to book travel on their behalf by “Add Travel Arranger”
• Students traveling on Stanford-related activities may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the Stanford Travel platform
Alternatively, you can make your own arrangements but the university may not pay travel costs that substantially exceed the cost of similar travel available through its preferred agencies. Please refer to the Administrative Guide for more details (5.4.2. Travel Expenses).