Travel Resources and Links
The following internal and external resources are provided to assist in the preparation for international travel. Jump directly to relevant sections:
- Review the travel policies - Policies and Guidelines
- Asses the risk - Country Information | Health & Medical | Housing
- Register your travel - Travel Registries
- Pre-departure offerings - Training | Checklists | Information Technology & Security
- Emergency preparedness - Emergency Assistance
- International students - Guidance for International Students
For the Stanford University Waiver, Travel Policy Acknowledgement, and other forms, check out commonly used travel preparation forms.
Review the travel policies
Familiarize yourself with policies and laws that govern international activities.
- Office of the Provost International Travel Policy
- Stanford Travel Booking Policy
- Export Controls Guidance
- Global Business Services - Global Activities Operations Guide
- View webinars on Cleary Act, Export Controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Assess the risks
The pre-travel assessment tool can guide you through the process of evaluating the resources below.
Learn about your travel destinations and stay up-to-date on how to prepare.
- International SOS Risk Ratings
- U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories
- U.S. Department of State Country Information Pages
Access expert, pre-travel health consultative services and prepare for the health risks you might encounter abroad.
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Travelers’ Health Portal
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Yellow Fever Vaccine
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 International Travel
- Vaden Health Center - Schedule a Travel Clinic Appointment
- Stanford University Health Care Travel Medicine Clinic
- Cardinal Care Overview and Benefits
Tips and resources for securing safe housing abroad.
Register your travel
Registering your travel allows help to come to you in case of an emergency.
Required for all Stanford Travel
Recommended for U.S. Citizens
These courses from across Stanford will help you understand the scope of issues that can arise when traveling, potential pitfalls you may encounter, and the resources that are available to you.
For undergraduate students
- International Academy Canvas Course (self-enroll link)
- Haas Center for Public Service - International Preparation Videos (archive)
For all travelers
- Vaden Travel Health Online Module (also on STARS)
These handy checklists will help you remember the things you need to do to prepare for your trip.
- Office of International Affairs Student Checklist
- Office of International Affairs Faculty, Staff, and Postdoc Checklist
- School of Earth Sciences International Travel & Research Checklist
Learn how to protect your data and your devices while you travel.
Stanford travelers have a range of resources available to them. Identify which provider applies to you based on your role at Stanford, find more about the services available, and how to reach them while traveling.
- Stanford University International Travel Assistance Program
- Sexual Violence Support & Resources
International students traveling outside the U.S. have special considerations.