Skip to main content Skip to secondary navigation
Contact With Law Enforcement

General Guidance If You Are Contacted by Law Enforcement Regarding Your International Activity or Immigration Status

Law Enforcement Contact Guidance

Apply for a Stanford Travel Card

Main content start

The university’s preferred method to pay for many types of university-related travel expenses overseas is a Travel Card. There are two types of Stanford Travel Cards:

  1. Individual Travel Cards, which are issued to faculty, staff, and post-doctoral fellows who travel frequently;
  2. Department Travel Cards, which are issued to department administrators to pay for travel-related purchases for occasional travelers, students or non-employees.

Each school and department may have its own policy about who may receive a Travel Card. Financial Management Services may have additional requirements for university travelers that may delay receipt of a Travel Card. To determine what may be involved to secure a Travel Card, please contact your department administrator and the Financial Support Center. Please be aware that it may take several weeks to receive your Travel Card.

Many departments have a petty cash fund, but most are very small and unable to support anything more than very minor incidental expenses incurred during international travel.

3 months before your trip

Travel Card Information on Fingate